Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mid August already??

I cannot believe our summer is almost over!!  The kids go back to school in just under 3 weeks...  Well, 2 of mine do.  The girls school program for 4 year old preschoolers doesn't start until the beginning of October.  Once that comes along, I will have 2 half days off!!  To put into words how excited I am is not possible.  For the first week or 2 I plan to just relax and do whatever I feel like doing.  However, after that I plan to volunteer in the schools to hopefully build my resume back up.  I plan to return to the work force next year when the twins enter kindergarten.  I know I want to utilize my degree and work in the schools, however I'm not sure what I will find.  At the very least I will substitute teach. 

Besides school starting back up, so does religious education classes.  I'm very happy that all of our kids will be attending this year.  This means they get more social time in a very positive way and Jesse and I get a date night every week!  We will probably just do our grocery shopping together, but at least it is something.

However, back to school also means back to night classes for Jesse.  Back to single parenthood for me.  I am not looking forward to that at all.  At least this semester it is only one night a week.  However, this is looking to be his last semester at the community college and he will start his bachelor's program at Ferris.  I am praying he will be able to utilize their Grand Rapids campus instead of having to drive to Big Rapids for classes.  With us only having one car, that will suck to say the least.

So, the remainder of my summer is going to be full of back to school preparation.  I'm pleased to say school clothes are out of the way.  However, there are still supplies, books for Jesse and tons of paperwork for the preschools and church. 

Other than being especially busy this time of year, life is going good.  I'm more and more excited about starting my Thirty-one adventure.  I already have at least 3 prospective parties, so that is a good thing.  Let's just keep praying this works out for me.

Hugs ~ B.

No comments:

Post a Comment