Monday, March 5, 2012

Don't deny it...

I have been thinking over several topics for my next couple of posts, trying to figure out what I wanted to write about most.  It wasn't until just a few minutes ago when browsing facebook that I figured out what exactly I wanted to say first.  I clicked a link on Carrie Underwood's new album cover and thought thus far it looked really awesome.  Then I read some of the comments.  Most of them said things along the lines of how beautiful Carrie is.  Then there were the select few that said she's too thin and needs to eat a hamburger.  It's those comments that bother me.  I would do just about anything to look like Carrie.

It's not just strangers who make those comments, it's my friends too.  My friends will say certain celebrities or even other people we know are too thin.  I have to disagree.  I don't care what people say, I know somewhere deep down, they have at one point wanted to be thin or slender like the celebrities.  I think about 98% of women would be lying if they said they had never wished they could look so good.  I also know a lot of people who say they don't care what other people think of them, but I know that is also not true.  You do care... every time you put make up on, you show that you do care.  Every single time you style your hair, you show that you do care.  I think it's just part of being human and female. 

I'm not gonna lie here, I can't think of anything else in the world (other than money) that I'd rather have than a lean, slender, beautiful body.  Maybe that's because I've never had one.  Maybe that's because I idealize it too much.  Maybe it's because I'm a little vain.  I don't know why, but it's what I want.  I also wish I didn't have to work so hard to try and obtain that image for myself.  I know if I keep it up and make the right choices I will get where I want to be.  I just wish it was as easy as it looks.

So, the next time you want to criticize someone you may want to stop and think why you feel that way...  Is it because you're jealous?  Because you're better?  Or because you are rude?  Just think about it.

Hugs ~ B.

2 comments:

  1. I will be one of many or of the few that will completely admit that if I see a "fit" person, I am not afraid to tell someone ... "I wish" ! Keep up the good work and motivations (and your blog!)
    Thanks for letting us read your journal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kasey! But don't ever be too hard on yourself, because you are envied by at least myself... =)

      Delete