Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ready for a challenge?

Am I ready to challenge myself in the workout/healthy lifestyle area of my life?  I really don't know.  I really, really want to, but I really, really don't want to fail.  I think if I fail, I will quit trying and I definitely don't want that!  Also, I'm tired of failing.  So my dilemma becomes do I or don't I.  And if I do, how much would be too much or too little?  I guess I'm looking for some advice here.

My challenge idea revolves around the idea that I have the trip of a life time coming up, Walt Disney World!  My in laws are taking our family and we leave April 23rd.  That gives me 36 days to accomplish as much as possible.  It's also a great kick start for summer softball training and conditioning...  As well as setting the pace for the rest of my life!

What I was thinking is this:

*5 days a week, doing my 16 minute Jillian Michaels workout
*3 days a week going for a jog or brisk walk
*7 days a week of relaxation pilates or 3-5 days a week of toning pilates

*NO more pop
*NO more restaurant food (for the 36 days and then only if necessary like when traveling)

*Follow my portions and guidelines given by my nutritionist (follow to a "T")

Does this seem like a lot to ask?  I've drastically cut down on the pop and restaurant food, so giving it up doesn't seem that hard.  I've also cut back on my portions, but don't always make the best choices for my food so following guidelines may prove more difficult.

The part I'm worried about sticking to is the exercise.  I think I can do at least half of it, but I really do want to challenge myself.  And I think the relaxation pilates might help with my sleeping issues.  However, my mid section is driving me nuts right now, so I thought that area may be better to focus on. IDK.

I'm not giving myself a weight goal or an inches lost goal.  My only goal is to do these things as indicated.  If I do that each and everyday of the next 36 days, then I will consider myself successful and my challenge completed!

Please, if you've read this blog, give me some advice!  If you can't post it here, send me a private message on FB.  Thanks! =)

3 comments:

  1. I think that plan sounds very reasonable! I was working out six days a week, half of which were cardio, the other half sculpting (the plan came with my workout DVD). Also, switching it up during the week, rather than the same workout the same day, every week, throws your body for a surprise, so to speak, so it works your body different. It sounds very reasonable and I believe you can do it :) I never measured inches either....it was the way my clothes felt on me that mattered the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds ridiculous but even when you are standing around tense up your belly muscles in pulses this will almost be like doing standing crunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is over-ambitious at all! I did Jillian DVD's (almost daily) for two months before our cruise and feel/look as good as I did on our wedding day; my goal was to be able to not be self-conscious when snorkeling. I didn't even think of how I looked in my suit; I just concentrated on the fish. =) FREEDOM! Also, I tracked calorie intake on sparkdiet.com; it's a free site that lets you track calories, work outs, etc and it was REALLY helpful to me, especially after I stopped weight watchers to save $20/month...Good luck! It's tough to find the time to work out, but so worth it in the end...

    ReplyDelete