Friday, March 2, 2012

I shopped and I saved!

Today was a mommy alone day.  Those do not happen very often and when they do I pay for it, literally.  I end up paying for daycare or a babysitter.  For those of you who always have family such as parents or close friends to watch your kids, consider yourselves very lucky.  You should think about how much less you'd go out if you had to pay $2.95/hr per child to do so.  It adds up quickly.

Anywho, I chose to spend my day doing some retail therapy!  Highly unnecessary, but highly needed as well.  And, to justify myself even more, I saved money at each store.  First groceries.  At Meijer I spent $70, but I saved $34.  Then presents.  At JcPenney, I spent $22, but saved $26.  Finally just for me and the whopper of all whoppers.  I challenge someone to beat this one... At Kohls I spent $116, but saved $277!!!  How's that for savings?  That's over double what I spent.  Paying daycare today became very well worth it.

I probably didn't "need" the items I bought, but I've waited a long time for them.  I bought house items, serving dishes, place mats and table clothes for Easter, and a few other neat things.  I love buying these things.  I love decorating and making my environment look pretty.  After the week I've had, this becomes almost a necessary mission... To make my environment look pretty!  Let me explain.

I spend the majority of my week inside my house.  I am a stay at home mom with 3 little kids at home and 1 in first grade.  My husband works 3rd shift and attends college twice a week.  I spend around 3/4 of my week alone, lacking adult interaction of any kind (what I wouldn't give for a play date or a half hour lunch break).  I also live in a rented home.  I do love where we are, but the walls are all plain, a creamy color.  The carpet is brown, the counters are tan... Everything blends together.  I like color and pop.  I like pretty.  Being that I am the only one here to help myself stay sane, I needed to spice things up a bit.  I very excited with my purchases and cannot wait to show them off to company (when we do finally get some). 

Now, I am going to pay for my day off again.  Because now I have to do all the chores and things I neglected all day.  I have about 6 loads of laundry to fold/put away and 3 more to wash.  Dishes to wash and even more dishes to put away.  Then there's vacuuming, liter boxes, sweeping, picking up toys... the list could go on and on.  Hello very late bedtime and goodbye blog!

Hugs ~ B.

No comments:

Post a Comment