Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I suppose, if I have to, I guess... >:- /

Alright, here's the deal.  I hate working out!  I don't feel as though I have time for it.  I'm NOT a morning person...  If I don't have to be up, then I'm not going to be.  Working out during the day will never happen for me because the kids are home and for some strange reason I feel funny trying to exercise in front of them.  Though I should because it'd be setting a great example.  And night time is not really a great time either, because after over 12 hours of being with kids, I want me time!  I want time to sit and relax as well as do chores that don't get done while they are awake.

This leaves me with what I feel are good excuses to not exercise.  But the reality is, no excuse is a good enough one.  I need to quit that.  I need to just make the change.  I need to give up that me time or start waking up earlier.  I mean, I woke up early my entire life.  Until after I was done with college.  When I didn't find my career job, I started sleeping in and working nights as a waitress.  This led to a very bad routine for me that I am having a hard time shaking.  Yes, I do have to get up to get Dominic off to school, however, Jesse gets home at the same time he has to wake up and lately has been letting me sleep a bit longer!  Man I love that guy!!  Because sleep for me is hard to come by.  When my dad passed away I developed insomnia and it just won't go away!  I have the hardest time falling asleep.  And I'm usually up once during the night with a child, so my sleep gets interrupted.  After the last almost 3 years of this, I have a ton of sleep to catch up on...  And Jesse has been trying to let me do just that.

However, I think this is making me lazy.  I am having an even harder time getting moving in the morning.  Being that I want to go back to work once the twins are in kindergarten, I had better get used to getting up early!  So, now's the time to change.  Because I do want to. 

I need to make my life better for me.  For my kids.  For my husband.  I need to start doing things for me, like exercising.  Or daily showers.  Or putting make-up on once in awhile.  Or getting dressed instead of sweats all day.  Yup, it's true, I've fallen into the homebody lifestyle and only do these things when absolutely necessary.  And it's not okay.  It used to be, but now it's not because I don't like myself this way.  I'm not a lazy person and I need to find myself again.

So, to start, I am going to try to get up a little earlier and workout.  I found a routine that only takes 16 minutes by Jillian Michaels.  The problem currently is I have to order the magazine or go to the library and copy the article because it was January's issue the article was in... and February's issue is on the stands now.  Grrr... That's just my luck.

But anyways, I figure I can handle 16 minutes a day.  Then a shower and get dressed.  I hope this leads to more energy through out my day and can take the kiddos on a walk or bike ride or play at the park later in the afternoon.  Hopefully, if I get them out and wear off some of their energy, they will be more ready for bed at 8 o'clock instead of battling with them to stay in bed until 9!  Then I would still have some me time and could go to bed when Jesse heads to work at 10:30. 

Sounds perfect, now it's just getting it rolling and keeping it there!  Wish me luck.

Hugs ~ B.

2 comments:

  1. It takes awhile to break a habit, why does it always have to take longer to start the good ones? Hang in there Bekki and I can only try to be your support as I am trying to create a workout habit as well! Stick with Your goals and I'm sure you will reap the benefits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go bekki! maybe taking a vitamin b complex in the morning will help you have some extra energy. i also use melatonin at night when i cant sleep, because as we both know, pulling all nighters when you have kids doesnt make for a very good day! keep up the good work, i love you lots. if you ever want someone to talk at, im here :]

    ReplyDelete